5 Tips to make your self-guided tours a success
Offering self-guided tours at an apartment community can be a great way to provide prospective renters with flexibility and convenience, especially during times when in-person tours may not be possible or desirable.
Recommended Read: How to offer Self-guided Tours at Your Apartment Community.
Here are some tips to consider when offering self-guided tours:
- Determine the best technology to use: There are a variety of technology options available for self-guided tours, including lockboxes, smart locks, and mobile apps. Consider a solution that prioritizes identity varification for security purposes and way-finding that guides the prospect to featured amenities and the model unit itself. In lieu of physical keys, that are too easy to copy, ask about smart locks for easy and secure access to the apartment unit.
- Communicate the option: Make sure that prospective renters are aware that self-guided tours are an option. This could be through your website, social media, or free standing signs that display a QR code to schedule the tour.
- Verify for safety: Make sure all touring guests are there for the right reasons. Any reputable self-guided tour solution should require guests to submit a valid drivers liscense and biometric selfie scan.
- Access to top amenities: Make sure the prospect sees the amenities that differenciate your property from the rest. Let them spend time alone to imagine their own living experience.
- CMS Integration: A best-in-class self-guided tour solution should offer seamless integration with to your customer management system (CMS) so important data is passed to your system.
Self-guided apartment tours with iApartments
With iApartments self-guided tours, apartment tours are easier than ever for prospective residents. Because the entire process is automated, prospects no longer need a leasing agent to guide them. Our self-guided tour solution takes care of the details from online tour scheduling and turn-by-turn way-finding to keyless access to the apartment unit itself.
Instead of limiting tour to normal business hours, communities can expand tour hours from early mornings to later in the eavening. Leasing teams no longer need to manage the labor intensive process of scheduling tours and guiding prospect around the property. Studies show, if given the option, 36 percent of prospects choose a self-guided tour when given the option. And self-guided apartment tours increase lease coversions rates by 86 percent.
iApartments self-guided tours help you sign more leases and save money by:
- Automating the tour scheduling process
- Increase the number of tours per month
- Enabling you to expend apartment tour hours
- Capturing prospect profile infomation
- Reporting prospect move-in date and desired lease term
- Reducing the staff overhead to manage tours
- Removes the need for expensive key track systems
Read More on Everything Smart Home, Controlled Building Access, and IoT
Efficiency in Multifamily Operations – Discussed by industry leaders
Multifamily leaders talk operational efficiency from many perspectives – maintenance, easier access to units, and service of residents. Mark-Taylor Residential is the leading developer, owner, and investment manager of Arizona's premier rental communities. Over the...
iApartments Review by leadership at NexMetro Communities
Multifamily leader, Linda Coburn, provides an iApartments review and talks about smart home technology installed at NexMetro's revolutionary single family homes communities.How has iApartments helped NexMetro position themselves in the market? "As competitive as the...
Choosing a smart apartment platform
Enhancing resident lifestyles Smart home technology has the potential to significantly enhance lifestyles in a number of ways: Convenience: Smart home technology allows you to automate routine tasks such as turning off lights, adjusting the thermostat, and even...
Creating a Lifestyle Upgrade
Smart-home living experience continues to gain momentum in communities Technology solutions, like iApartments smart apartment platform, offers owners a turnkey approach when retrofitting or developing new construction. The technology includes access control for...
Apartment Renter Preferences for 2023
We've pulled together some highlights from NMHC’s national survey and additional tenant prefernece data to help operators understand what renter want in 2023 and beyond. Considerations like location might not be as important anymore. Does the property offer touring...
How to offer Self-guided Tours at Your Apartment Community
What you need to offer self-guided apartment tours: (1.) Technology platform (2.) Browser-based application (3.) Smart locks (4.) Building Access Control (5.) CRM Integration.Why you should offer self-guided tours As an owner or manager of an apartment community,...
Smart Building Insights for a Successful Rollout
Lay the groundwork for a successful rollout As more and more multifamily owner operators look to partner with smart apartment technology providers, it's important to understand how to implement smart apartment technology in order to lay the groundwork for a successful...
How Multifamily is Turning Headwinds into Tailwinds for the Future
Innovative ways Multifamily is rethinking operations, maintenance, and leasing: Artificial intelligence helps better serve residents and free up staff Adoption of a centralized approach to specific daily operations Invest in smart tech to reduce energy costs...
The Right Balance of Smart Home Technology for Apartments
Smart home essentials for apartments Coming up with the right balance of smart home essentials ultimately depends on the needs and preferences of the residents and the goals of the property owners and managers. However, there are some general considerations that can...
Smart locks | Why apartment managers and leasing teams love them
A Keyless Way to Secure Your Apartment Unlock that door and definitely throw away the key fobs. Apartment residents and property maintenance teams love smart locks. This keyless system allows property personnel to quickly access resident units to maintain them....
10 Things Greystar Says About Smart Apartment Technology
Greystar sees importance of controlled building access Greystar has both recognized the necessity of offering competent smart-home technology and has discovered an interesting option in a growing field of emerging providers, said Andrew Livingstone, its Executive...
Andrew Livingstone with Greystar on Smart Apartment Technology
Access and smart home technology are now an “absolute must have” not a “nice to have.” Greystar's 2bayshore property has been transformed into a smart apartment community. The pandemic created a large shift in how we operate. It moved us forward a decade and changed...